Monday, September 25, 2006

Grey's vs. Gray's

"I don't want to read Gray's Anatomy, dammit. I want to WATCH Grey's Anatomy!!!!"
--Lynn, as her brother sat watching the entire 2nd season of Grey's Anatomy, much to her personal torment.


I wish my brain were a thumb drive. I wish I could download my entire Gray's Anatomy book, float into the exam room, pencil in those bubbles with my eyes closed, and float right on out. I wish the muscles of the head, like the salpingopharyngeus, weren't so miniscule and hard to find, leaving me with no other option than to probe and squint at my poor cadaver as my formaldehyde-stung eyes weep in protest to the clanging buzz of the timer behind me (how, I ask you, is it possible to locate the itty bitty, teeny tiny salpingopharyngeus in under 40 seconds???).

On the other hand, I guess I could wish for a personal McDreamy to whisper the answers over my shoulder to me. Hmmm. Yeah, I think I'd like that best. :)

Anyway, despite the magnitude of ill will I harbor for the salpingopharyngeus, I must say that none of it compares to the trigeminal nerve. Nor the brachial plexus, which is probably the worst of them all.

Why?

Well, the brachial plexus looks all nice and pretty and orderly in pictures, right? Nuh-uh. SO not the case in real life. I mean, hello! Talk about getting youreslf tangled in one hell of a knot.

Which is why I have concluded that the brachial plexus was personally invented by God so he could torture me and my poor perplexed brain. And, well, okay, I guess so we can also move our arms and hands and fingers and all that good stuff.

Still, I kind of wouldn't mind giving all that up if it meant the brachial plexus would be erased from Anatomy for good...

Just kidding!

Sort of.

In the meantime, I will survive till the 11th!

(I hope.)


Currently Reading: What else WOULD I be reading?

Currently Playing: Rosas and La Esperanza Debida by La Oreja de Van Gogh. I cannot stress how much I love these songs, and pretty much everything else by them.

"Por eso esperaba con la carita empapada
a que llegaras con rosas, con mil rosas para mí,
porque ya sabes que me encantan esas cosas
que no importa si es muy tonto, soy así.
Y aún me parece mentira que se escape mi vida
imaginando que vuelves a pasarte por aquí,
donde los viernes cada tarde, como siempre,
la esperanza dice 'quieta, hoy quizás sí...'"

4 Comments:

At Monday, September 25, 2006 6:31:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations!

this ranks as the post with the most number of words that i don't understand! and that's not including the spanish song lyrics!

good luck on your exam =)

 
At Monday, September 25, 2006 1:24:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Started reading your blog because of the coup in Thailand and now I'm hooked. If you're as smart as you are hot, you'll do fine!

 
At Monday, September 25, 2006 2:04:00 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

Haha, thanks Pan and Anon.

 
At Tuesday, September 26, 2006 12:39:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember anatomy, it was one of the hardest but also one of the most enjoyable classes I ever took. You think identifying the brachial plexus is hard, try doing it on a cadaver that was morbidly obese with muscle dystrophy. You just have to draw it from memory over and over again. One thing that I’ll always remember is that the iliopsoas muscle in the hip area is what the French call fillet mignon, hahahaha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home